B-Polished

B-Polished

Sunday, August 2, 2009

The Way Life Should Be!

















This is our beautiful house.
I had found this bicycle behind our shed when we moved in. I primed it with rust proofing spray then painted it with paint left over from our kitchen project. I added the baskets and filled them in with flowers. I also Painted the front door with the color that was left over from our porch. It use to be a natural wood finish with Lots and lots of shellac. I sanded it down, kilt-zed it twice and painted. I also was excited to add the lattice around the front porch because I had to use my husbands jigsaw. Yes, Power tools girls.....I got to use the power tools. Then painted it white to add some color to our "not so colorful" house. I wish we had taken pictures before due to the fact the front of the house was covered in shurbs so high you couldn't see the windows. It reminded me of little red riding hood when she went to the house in the woods.
So as you look at the photo on the right, then look at the photo on the left you must wonder, "what is that thing that is hanging out the window?" Only in Maine would you find a used car radiator hanging out a window. My hubby who is a great engineer thought he could make a make shift AC unit for our house to save us money. He and Rusty hooked up a hose to run cool water through the radiator from the spicket out front. While placing a fan underneath it to blow in the cool air from the radiator.What a smarty pants and who would have thought of this but an IT person. Only in Maine, the way life should be.

1 comment: